Volunteers are needed to teach Buddhist Religious Instruction in Victorian Primary Schools (only 30 minutes each week)
The Buddhist Council of Victoria is seeking volunteers interested in teaching Buddhist Religious Instruction in Victorian primary schools where the Principal and school community have expressed interest in having Buddhism taught.
Next Training Dates:
Monday 18/3/2013 and 19/3/2013
For enquiries regarding the BCV Buddhist Education in Victorian Schools Project, please contact:
Eileen Sheridan: Mobile 0402 340 400 email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If Eileen is not available the next person to contact is
Laila Najjar: Mobile 0408 809 255 email address: email@example.com
Please send enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application form & additional information is available at the end of this page
Applications for volunteer teachers training are taken throughout the year. Training will be conducted at different times for a minimum of four applicants.
Training can be arranged at individual temples if there are four people interested.
No prior teaching experience or teaching qualification required. 15 hours of training provided including school visits and class observations. ‘Discovering Buddha’ curriculum, ongoing support and professional development.
You will need to be:
- a good communicator with young children
- a current member of a Buddhist centre or temple which is affiliated with the Buddhist Council of Victoria.
- a practising Buddhist with five years experience (minimum)
- able to provide a written reference from a recognised Buddhist teacher
- willing to apply for a Working With Children Check
- available to teach for 30 minutes per week during school hours
This program is endorsed and supported by the Buddhist Council of Victoria, Religions for Peace Australia, and the Victorian Department of Education and Early Childhood.